Hey Mom, I’m Vlogging! (Now All I Need is a Neck and a Chin…)

Tags: , , ,

22 Responses to “Hey Mom, I’m Vlogging! (Now All I Need is a Neck and a Chin…)”

1. Denise Loversky says:

Kathy- Great Job!! I love watching your posted videos and look forward to seeing more of you on Parent Talk!

2. Denise, thanks for the kind words! Who knows, maybe you’ll be interviewed on Parent Talk Today one of these days. My Flip goes everywhere with me… :)

3. Kathy- How fun that you’re vloging! Looking forward to hearing more from you.

4. KIm says:

Hey Kathy:
    Checked out your vlog (shouldn’t it be vblog? whatever…) Regarding the neck/chin issue, position the camera so we see your head and torso (no posting in jammies now), preferably from a location that is slightly higher than your head. This is a more flattering view, at least it is of me! You’ll have to use a remote to turn the camera off and on though. Good luck - it looks like fun!

5. Emily, thanks for the kind words! And Kim, I appreciate the suggestions. Yep, I need to play around with that. I don’t have a remote for the Flip. Need to see if they exist. It’s a pretty simple camera. But I can always turn it on, get in position and then edit the first part of the video to cut out my scrambling! Thx again.

6. Tina Tessina says:

Wow, Kathy:

You’re leaving me in the dust! It’s very exciting that you’re doing a vlog. Is a vook next? This iwas a good intro, and I’m looking forward to see your first vlog with your usual-type content, to see how you present it.

7. Tine, I love it: a VOOK! :) I’m having fun thinking about content here, and I’d love to do some video interviews with experts - like you! I need to look into this and see how best to set it up. Not sure if I can do some kind of recording with the other person using their webcam. But I’m sure all my techie friends will help me figure it out. So stand by to be asked for an interview!

8. Jill says:

WooHoo! Congrats on your first video. I still can’t get over seeing myself on camera, so you are a braver woman than I! :) You did fabulous!

I don’t have kids, but I teach them. I’d love to see a post on how to help parents support middle school kids when they get home from school - how to provide a home environment that supports them in studying. (It seems that this becomes a challenge by middle school.) Of all the kids I see who are nose-diving fast, this is their #1 issue. M would make a great subject in said video :D

9. Jill, I LOVE that idea! And I think Matt would be up for it. He has a great routine that really works for him, and he may be willing to talk about it. Good idea! Thanks so much. And if you’d ever like to be interviewed and give a teacher’s perspective on a particular topic… See my note to Tina, above, for details. I’ll be needing experts! We’ll make it fun.

10. Jill says:

Hmmm….. would I get a free make-over? LOL

11. Ken Turetzky says:

No, no! Zoom in even closer! We need to see your dental work.

12. Lucy Banta says:

Alright Kathy! Awesome move into the videosphere! You sure make me want to get out my flip and start recording-just need the blog/vlog! Ditto the comments above. I also heard recently to make sure you don’t have any objects in your background (although you have minimal). Can’t wait to watch more. Congrats.

13. Ken, I’ll need a nose-hair trimmer pretty soon…

And Lucy, thanks for the suggestion about the objects in the background. I need to set up a spot to do this and have it ready to go. I also want to do “on-the-road” stuff and interviews, too. Maybe an interview with a social media expert and managing ed of a parenting magazine???

14. Awesome job, Kathy! Vlogging is on my list as well…just haven’t made it there yet. But I am inspired by your first video and maybe I will follow your lead and do one soon. Congrats and great job. Can’t wait to watch more!

15. Hey Kathy,
    Great video. Nice quality and sound!

Excellent start!
    -Steve

16. Cindy says:

Great intro Kathy! I love the idea of the study routines. It’s omething I could start with my elementary-aged kids now. I’m a bit type-A, so this fits me, but I’d love to see how other parents help their kids get and stay organized: books, toys, etc. I’ll be sure to let you know if a good idea hits me for a future topic! I’m looking forward to seeing more of you!

17. Randy says:

Kathy,
    Great quality on the video. Audio was good too. Couldn’t help but notice you blinking. (It’s the quality inspector in me) Once you conquer the nerves that should take care of itself. :) As someone else mentioned, great presenter! :) Have fun with it. It will bring a whole new dimension to your site.

18. Randy says:

Kathy,

19. Joy says:

I loved seeing your smile. Your makeup looked great! Your voice modulation was perfect. I could tell you were a little nervous, but it wasn’t distracting. I can tell you’ve had experience in public speaking. Keep up the good work and you’ll get better and better and probably have a lot more fun.

20. Gini says:

Kathy—

Congratulations! I’m so impressed! You’re an inspiration, and such a lovely, warm, friendly presence. Kudos! — Gini

21. Kathy says:

Gini, you are too kind! Thanks for the encouragement. I promise, next time you won’t have to look up my nose. ;) I’m having a great time with this and I’m looking forward to more.

22. Kathy says:

Randy and Joy, you’re right… I was a little nervous! Thanks for your kind words and encouragement. I think this will be fun, and I’ll get less nervous as I go along. Cheers!