Where Do You Go to Relax?

Yosemite

Genny over at My Cup 2 Yours asks today, for Talkin’ About Thursday: Where do you go to relax?

My answer? Yosemite. True, I can’t go all that often. We usually get there about once a year. But when I’m there, walking around the snow-covered valley floor and looking at Half Dome and El Capitan, I realize that I’m just one small person in the world and that my problems, in the scheme of things, aren’t all that big.

For a busy mom who feels tied to her car and to-do list much of the time, that’s no small thing.

Where do YOU go to relax?

11 Responses to “Where Do You Go to Relax?”

1. Genny says:

I love Yosemite! This is gorgeous! So glad you joined in…thank you!

2. Kathy says:

Glad you like it, Genny! this was fun to do. :)

3. Barbie says:

I love Yosemite. Can you believe I’ve lived in California all of my life and have only been there once? Your picture makes me want to go there!
    Barbie´s last blog ..Talkin About Thursdays - Where do I go to relax?

4. Kathy says:

Barbie, you need to get in the car TODAY and head to Yosemite! ;) Once is not enough!

5. Kathy says:

Honestly, I can hear the wind through the valley when I look at this pic. Really takes me right back there.

6. Karen Bannan says:

My happy place is Kripalu. I haven’t been since I was pregnant with my first. I was 18 weeks pregnant, and stayed for a long weekend. I had such huge emotional growth during that trip. I actually found myself sitting against the wall sobbing while people danced around me — it was such an emotional experience.

I’d like to go back some day soon, but I can’t bring myself to go away without the kids. So for now I’m going to have to settle for the yoga studio a few towns away…
    Karen Bannan´s last blog ..Talking Turkey: Is Organic the Best?

7. Kathy says:

Karen, what an experience you had. Wow. That time will always be tied, in your mind, with that stage in your life. I hope you get back there someday. Thanks for sharing this.

8. Stephanie says:

I’ve always wanted to go to Yosemite. Maybe someday…

I relax…at home. I love being home in the company of my family.

Either that or I like to go out walking/hiking somewhere. I am so inspired by nature.
    Stephanie´s last blog ..Themed Weekend: Photography

9. Kathy says:

You are so fortunate to live in Arizona, Stephanie. A grew up there, and I know the opportunities to be out in nature are plentiful — OK, except in July when it’s 115 degrees! But we spent a lot of time camping in the mountains and exploring in the desert when I was a kid. Good family memories.

10. Mary (Prenatal Yoga DVD) says:

My mom has the greatest little lakeside cabin with a hammock betweein huge maples. one of my fave places.
    Mary (Prenatal Yoga DVD)´s last blog ..Prenatal Yoga DVDs

11. Many, that sounds heavenly. I could use that right now!
    Kathy @ Parent Talk Today´s last blog ..Check Out the “Scared-of-Santa” Photo Gallery!