Tag - I’m It!

I was tagged in an online game of tag by Jen Singer over at her terrific MommaBlog at MommaSaid.net. That means I'm now part of a huge Internet-wide game of posting
"Seven Things You Didn't Know About Me."

Here goes:

1. When I was a teenager, I worked for a restaurant with this oh-so-imaginative name: "The Beef and Turkey." The head cook occasionally burned the turkey when he didn't keep an eye on it because he was sneaking off to smoke a joint outside.
  2. The first time I tried to impress a boy, by going all out on that game where you swing really high on the swings and then jump off and see how far you can jump, my top got caught on the swing and ripped and I accidentally put on a show for the neighborhood kids. King crab legs(Not that there was anything to see at that point.)
  3. I grew up with a Labrador Retriever that I tried like heck to turn into a horse at one point. Built her a stable out of a wooden shipping crate. Made a halter. "Taught" her to jump over things. Hey, she loved the attention. At least I never tried to ride her!
  4. I hate black licorice and anything related to black licorice, including the green version of NyQuil. Phhht.
  5. The only athletic activity that I can beat my husband at is water skiing. (Or at least that was the case 15 years ago at Club Med on our honeymoon…)
  6. I love John Cusack movies, especially "Say Anything."
  7. One of my favorite meals on the planet is a whole pile of Costco's crab legs. Steam those babies, melt a little butter and I'm in heaven.

Tag, you're it to Jill Grace at Creative Grace. Go for it, Jill! (Only you have to do yours as a scrapbook page and use stamps!)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

7 Responses to “Tag - I’m It!”

1. Betsy says:

Ewww, I also hate black licorice with a white hot passion. I’ll suffer green Nyquil when I’m that miserable, but it is a sight to see. Much nose holding, exclaiming and sputtering.

2. jill Grace says:

Ha ha ha! Yeah, except I’m so not a scrapbooker! :) I’ll have to think about what to say in mine… thanks for sharing so much about you, this is fun!

3. Carol says:

That’s pretty funny about the dog. Licorice? Blech! A thousand times, blech!
    My husband loves John Cusack. I watched part of a movie with him the other night where Cusack played this guy trapped in a hotel room. It was a psycho-thriller. I think it may have scarred me for life. [shudder]

4. Annette Fix says:

Betsy, try the NyQuil liquid gel caps. They come in day and night formula and work just as well as the liquid. That’s the only way I can even take that nasty stuff.
    Kathy, too funny! Because his pic was next to the first entry, I thought the pot-smoking turkey burner was John Cusack! Until I got down to #6.
    What a fun list! I love Costco crab legs too! We had those for Thanksgiving. Hate black licorice. Yick. My Danish hubby eats SALTY black licorice. UGH. He gave me one to try and I spit it 12 ft. I had a horse when I was growing up and when I was bored, I rode her backwards, stood on her back to pick fruit, and slid off her butt like a slide. I even have a picture of her wearing a blonde curly wig, a floppy sun hat, and my mother’s red lipstick drawn on her muzzle!

Jill, I didn’t realize you’re a stamper but not a scrapbooker. OK, I’ll leave it up to you how to do it. But can’t wait to read it either way!

Carol, I’ve seen that Cusack thriller. It IS scary!
    And Annette, I wish I had been your neighbor as a kid. You are too much fun!

7. Annette Fix says:

Kathy, I think between the two of us, we would have been targeted by PETA for unusual cruelty to animals! LOL
    Here’s a pic of my horse in the wig, etc. I had her from when I was 9 to 16. Her head is cocked sideways because she’s begging for a carrot. I taught her that. Anytime I said: “Say pleeeeeeease.” She’d do it.